Delivery & Postage/Shipping
Do I qualify for free delivery?
We offer free delivery for:
Orders $65 and over which have a delivery address 0-30km from Melbourne’s CBD.
Orders $130 and over which have a delivery address 30-50km from Melbourne’s CBD.
Free delivery applies to Residential addresses ONLY.
If you have provided a business address and selected the Free Delivery option, you will be contacted about a $25 delivery charge prior to dispatch.
These options will become available at checkout
How much is postage?
All postage costs are calculated based on weight and are calculated at checkout in accordance with Australia Post shipping rates.
Can I send a parcel overseas?
While we do not process international transactions on this website, we are able to send parcels overseas. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for specific inquiries and quotes.
How long will it take for my order to get to me?
After placing your order with us, your order will be prepared and processed by our team within 3-10 business days, but can be delayed depending on stock and availability.
Once your has been processed by our team it will be sent out for delivery. Only after your order has been processed will shipping/delivery ETAs come into effect. For Australia post ETAs for standard and express post, please refer to the Australia Post website. For ‘Free Delivery’ ETA please refer to the following section.
How long will my order take to be delivered if I have selected the 'Free Delivery' option?
Please expect your order to be delivered up to 14 days (including weekends) after receiving your order update email notification (not order confirmation email). Variance in delivery times is based on independent courier scheduled routes and availability.
Can I track my order?
Yes, once the order has been posted we will provide you with an Australia Post tracking number for your order. Orders that qualify for free delivery will not receive tracking numbers, as they will not be sent through Australia Post, but rather shipping updates via email.
Can I order online and pick up in store?
While we do not currently have a "Pick Up/Collect" option available at checkout, send us an email at email@example.com and our team can discuss options with you.
Returns or refunds will only be accepted if the product and package is unopened due to health and safety regulations. Return freight will be at your cost so we recommend selecting carefully. In the case that there is an issue with a product in your order, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 7 days from receipt of goods. Once 7 days have elapsed since receipt of goods, then we are no longer obligated to offer any refunds or additional support. If a product seems to be unfit for consumption, please send us photos and a detailed description as well as the best before (BB) date of the product. We will investigate these on an individual case basis.
Change of Mind
Please take care when placing an order on our website or in-store, as no refunds or order cancellations will be processed where a customer:
- changes their mind about their purchase
- found purchased items cheaper elsewhere
- didn’t like their purchase
- had no use for their purchase
- no longer requires their purchase
Subject to any rights or remedies you may have under the Australian Consumer Law:
- We may cancel an order after it has been accepted where we are reasonably required to do so in response to a supply shortage;
- You may not cancel an order after it has been accepted without our consent, which consent will only be granted in extremely limited circumstances at our discretion; and
- We will not under any circumstances consent to an order cancellation or provide any refund or exchange in respect of goods that are clearance products, exclusive special products, or goods that have been customised to your preferences or are otherwise non-standard stock products.
If we consent to the cancellation of your order, we will provide you with a Store Credit less a 20% restocking fee to cover our administrative costs and expenses in handling and cancelling the order.
Best Before Dates
Please note that a best before date is not the same as a use by/expiry date. A best before date is not an expiry date and is merely an indication of when the manufacturer thinks their product will no longer be of peak quality. Products sold and advertised as ‘PAST BB’ are non-refundable items. Hostess products and diet soft drinks inherently come with a short best before date, however given the nature of these products they are still suitable for consumption. Please note that by ordering Hostess products and diet soft drinks, you agree that The Original Lolly Store will not issue refunds for any of these two classes of items that are received past their best before date.
We take great care in preventing damage in transit. If the product was damaged in transit please contact us (email@example.com) within 7 days from receipt of goods. Once 7 days have elapsed since receipt of goods, then we are no longer obligated to offer any refunds or additional support. Please be aware that during the warmer months some melting of chocolates can occasionally occur. We do use a frozen pack and bubble wrap in the packaging of products, however in some cases these measures are not enough to prevent the product from melting. Due to the nature of the product and the fact that chocolate is still edible if partially melted, refunds on this basis will not be available. In transit damage is rare, nonetheless, if you have any concerns then please feel free to contact us before consuming or opening products so that we can evaluate and assess any problems/concerns on a case by case basis.
**Clearance** and Sale Items
Products that are listed as SALE items or listed in our **CLEARANCE** section which have been reduced in price to clear are non-refundable and non-returnable items.
Shipping In Hot Weather Policy
Hot Weather Shipping Policy and Information
What you should know:
- Orders that qualify for free delivery will be delivered via our courier in a climate controlled cabin to minimise the chance of heat damage.
- STANDARD Postage/Shipping (1-10 Business Days after receiving tracking information) does NOT include a cold pack or heat resistant packaging. We do not recommend this option if your order includes heat sensitive products such as chocolates (especially UK chocolate which can melt at temperatures as low as 26 degrees Celsius)
- EXPRESS Postage/Shipping (1-3 Business Days after receiving tracking information) includes a cold pack and heat resistant packaging to minimise the chance of heat damage. We recommend this delivery method if your order includes heat sensitive products such as chocolates (especially UK chocolate which can melt at temperatures as low as 26 degrees Celsius).
Unfortunately refunds/replacements will not be granted due to melted/heat damaged items, so please consider all of this prior to purchasing.
What you can do to avoid melting:
- Select Express shipping.
- Take note of the estimated shipping days (stated above). Keep in mind we are located in Melbourne, Victoria. We, the TOLS team, will take it upon ourselves be mindful of the weather in Melbourne and preferentially not post on days when Melbourne is experiencing extremely hot weather conditions.
- Check the temperature in your area so that you may select the most appropriate delivery/shipping method
- Orders placed on Fridays that require postage will not be posted until the following Monday, so as to avoid parcels sitting in an Australia Post depot over the weekend where they may be exposed to prolonged heat.
Where can I find out about specials and promotions?
Follow us on:
Facebook - The Original Lolly Store
Instagram - @theoriginallollystore
Twitter - The Original Lolly Store @OriginalLolly
For information regarding corporate or custom orders, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org